Learn all the building blocks of strategic planning and how they fit together to define and inform the focus of your work. A practical workshop that includes templates for team to create strategic plan components during the session.
By the end of this workshop, participants will understand the following:
- Mission and vision statements
- The difference between mission and vision
- How to write mission and vision statements that really inspire and inform right action
- The purpose they serve in defining an organization’s direction
- How teams can benefit from having values or guiding principles
- What “strategy” is
- How to set it for short-term and long-term windows
- Understanding terms used in strategic planning (e.g., strategies, initiatives, objectives, goals, tactics, etc)
- From strategic plan to operating plan
- Creating projects that support strategic initiatives
- Creating effective action plans for teams and individuals
Course Length: ½ day or 1 day course provides basic concept overview and/or work on key areas of strategic plan. Multi-day session allows learning and creating full strategic plan. Recommended for intact teams.